Parent Commitment and Conduct
Volunteers make Northview Junior Titans Lacrosse happen 100% of the time. It takes a lot of work to execute a lacrosse season and we need your help. There are many different jobs to choose from with different hours to accommodate your schedule. You are required to choose an area of interest during the registration process. When requests for volunteers are sent out, we ask that our families respond and help. Volunteers are asked to give a minimum of 2-3 hours per season, per family. Bottom line is that if your child is playing, you should be helping.
The following volunteer jobs are available to support NVJT Spring recreational program:
Coach - to help Coach a team. (3 coahces per team on sideline on game day; more at practice)
- Asst. Coach (At leaset 2 per team): Keeps game box of supplies stocked and present at all games. Runs Game Table (timers, scoring, penalties). This is a great entry level Asst Coach position to learn about the game. Assists other volunteers needed.
- Team Parent: Assist coaches with administrative duties for team as needed. May include weekly communications, assigning Game Day Crew or timers for home games, or activing point of contact for NVJT games. Usually don on Fridays. Training Provided!
- Field Spotter/Statistician: Keeps stats at the games. Works as a team - one field spotter and the then the stat keeper.
- Field Line Painter: If needed we need parents to assist in painting lines for field on Fridays. Training available.
- Game Day Crew: for fiels used for home games, set up and break down equipment, including cones, scorers' tables, and balls, and clean up of bench area and sidelines. Done by teams with the first and last games of the day. Will take about 30 minutes with 3 people. These duties must be done on game day and cannot be left to the coaches.
- Timer/Scorekeeper: Need one each for home games.
- Water: Need one parent per game - Home and away to fill and distribute water on side lines.
- Fund Raiser Coordinator: find a product to use as a fund raiser, inform and organize details of the products to the board, parents, and players.
- Party Organizer: Work with Team Parents to help organize, coordinate, and gather volunteers with planning, gifts, awards, food, and location.